Picture this: you’ve sent out the invitations, decided on a theme and prepared your house for company. All is as it should be and your guests are on their way. Everything is perfect—but how many times does everything go according to plan? If you’ve put off party planning for far too long and now find yourself pressed for time, you’ll be happy to hear that you can still pull it off.
Items you should include in your last-minute party planning checklist.
- Let your neighbors know that you’re having a party. Ideally, you will have already done this, but if it’s the day of and you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. Even consider inviting them to participate in the festivities!
- Decorate as much as you can. Again, hopefully you’ve already done this, but if not, it’s not too late. If nothing else, you can put out color-coordinated plates, napkins and cups.
- Check your food and finish grocery shopping. Go through your pantry and refrigerator and make sure you have everything you need for the party. You should only have to head out to the store for a couple of items. If you don’t have everything you need and are missing several important items, consider altering your menu to incorporate items you already have. Vacuum if you have time.
- Give your house a once-over. Put away anything out of place, throw away any trash you see, straighten any crooked wall hangings and fluff up any cushions or pillows.
- Finish any last-minute cooking or food prep. Consider keeping food in the oven so that it will be warm when guests arrive. Also, set up any popcorn or snowcone machines you’ve rented for the party!
Armed with these last-minute tips, you should be able to throw a memorable party regardless of how pressed for time you may seem. If you need to rent anything for your party, One Stop Rental has plenty of party rentals for you to choose from.
What are your tips for last-minute party planning? Please share them with us in the comments below or send us a message on social media!