Everyone has been here before, the never ending question of whether it is better to buy new or used heavy equipment and machines or perhaps even rent. To be honest, there really is no right answer to this question, but we can help you figure out what is right for you! To start, here are some things to consider when you are asking yourself this question:
- How often will I use this?
- How much does it cost to buy versus rent?
- Will I use it enough to justify buying it?
- Is the age of the product going to affect my usage of it?
- Where will I store this/can I store this when I am not using it?
Once you have asked yourself these questions and answered them, you can start to consider the pros of choosing each option! Remember, a lot of these pros have to do with how you answer the questions above so make sure you have your priorities straight.
New Equipment Pros
- New things generally come with a warranty, but will you use it enough to use the warranty before it is over?
- It is yours and no one else’s! Everyone likes knowing that they can depend on themselves. Just remember that means that all maintenance and extra expenses are yours too!
Used Equipment Pros
- You get all the perks of owning your own gear, but it comes at a cheaper price!
- Assuming no problems occur, you can save a ton of money, but that is a risk you have to take with used equipment. Make sure you do a full inspection before you buy.
- You only have it when you need it. You don’t have to deal with maintenance, storage or upkeep.
- If you only need something once for one project renting can save you a lot of money. However, if you are going to be using a product on a very regular basis, be sure to weigh out the cost before.
At One Stop Rental, we understand that you need to get things done, and helping you make efficient choices for you or your business is all part of the job. Renting or buying used equipment can often save you a lot of time and money! If you have any other questions on renting and buying, check out our used equipment here, give us a call or reach out to us on social media!